- For the Vadas:
- 1/2 cup urad dal (split black lentils) , soaked for 2 hours and drained
- 2 tsp roughly chopped green chillies
- 2 tsp roughly chopped ginger (adrak)
- Salt to taste
- For the topping:
- 1 1/2 cups whisked curds (dahi)
- 1 1/2 tbsp powdered sugar
- chilli powder for sprinkling
- 2 tbsp khajur imli ki chutney
- roasted cumin seeds (jeera) powder for sprinkling
- For The Garnish :
- 1 tbsp finely chopped coriander (dhania)
Dahi vada is the yummiest and most liked snack in Indian cuisine. Dahi wada recipe is easy and simple to follow. Learn how to make dahi vada.
For the vadas
Combine the urad dal, green chillies, ginger and salt in a mixer and grind to a smooth paste using approx. ¼ cup of water.
Divide the batter into 6 equal portions and keep aside.
Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan and deep-fry 3 vadas at a time till they turn light golden brown in colour from all the sides.
Drain on absorbent paper. Keep aside.
How to proceed
Combine the curd and the sugar in a bowl, mix well and keep the sweetened curd aside.
Take enough water in a deep bowl and soak the vadas in it for 15 minutes.
Squeeze out all the excess water from the vadas and flatten lightly between your palms.
Arrange the Vadas in a tray or a shallow bowl.
Sprinkle chilli powder, 1 tbsp of khajur imli ki chutney, a little cumin seeds powder on the vadas.
Garnish with coriander leaves and keep it refrigerated for 1/2 an hour.