- Ingredients for Chicken Marination:
- 500 gm slice Boneless chicken
- 4 tabs Yogurt
- 2 tabs Lemon Juice
- Arabic Eight Spices Powder 2 tabs ( Black pepper,jeera,cumin,whole coriander,cloves,nutmeg,cinnamon stick,big and small cardamom)
- 3 tabs Olive oil
- 1 tabs Grape vinegar
- 2 tabs Garlic (chopped)
- 1 tabs Red chili powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 tabs Ginger powder
For Garlic yogurt Sauce Ingredients:
- 1 cup Yogurt
- 10 cloves minced Garlic
- 1 tbsp or to taste Lemon Juice
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp Black pepper powder
For Stuffing Or Assembling Ingredients:
- Khubz Arabic Pita Bread or Tortilla Bread , for shawarma stuffing 5/6 bread.
- Ice Burg Lettuce shredded 100 gm
- 50 gm Arabic Pickle slice
- 1 large ( cut into slice) Tomatoes
- 1 ( cut into slice) Cucumber
- 1 cup Cabbage
- ( optional) French Fries
Shawarma, originally a middle eastern fast-food has also become a famous food in many cities of India. Tradionally Shawarma is made using meat, veg or chicken and grilled on a rotating spit, and then, thin slices are cut from the spit and used as a filling for wraps.
And this recipe below, is soo soo easy to prepare and tasted very yummy. Here I used Tortilla wrap for filling the chicken shawarma, but it can be wrapped in a pita bread or home made roti/ chapati.
Put all ingredients in a Bowl and mix well and put chicken and keep 30 to 35 minutes minimum and maximum 1 hour.
Then after cook in fry slowly Heat or you can make in oven 200 temp for 30 to 35 minutes.
For Garlic yogurt Sauce Method:
Take a bowl add salt garlic and lemon juice,black pepper in yogurt and mix.
Put this mixture over a a muslin cloth kept over a a bowl,gather the edges & squeeze tight to get smooth yogurt sauce.keep it a side.
Roll it or make pocket as you want and serve with garlic sauce and ketchup.