- For the Pav :
- 8 ladi pavs
- 1 tsp pav bhaji masala (optional)
- For the bhaji :
- 1 1/2 cup potatoes boiled and mashed
- 1 cup cauliflower finely chopped
- 1/2 cup green peas
- 1/2 cup carrots chopped
- 1 cup onion chopped
- 1/2 cup capsicum finely chopped
- 2 1/2 cup tomatoes finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 1/2 tbsp pav bhaji masala
- Salt to taste
- 4 tbsp butter
- To be ground into a chili garlic paste :
- 3 to 4 whole dry kashmiri red chilies, soaked in warm water
- 4 to 6 cloves garlic
- For Serving :
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 4 lemon wedges
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
Pav bhaji is a very yummy snack! it’s a quick meal that can be grabbed on the go – since large potions of the bhaji are made in advance and simply reheated with a few spices before serving. You just need to wait till the pav is toasted to perfection with oodles of butter! hmm, top with the raw onions and tomatoes, squeeze a tad of lemon atop the bhaji, and forget yourself!
For the bhaji:
Boil the cauliflower, peas and carrots till they are soft. Drain out the excess water.
Heat the butter in a large pan, add the onion and capsicum and saute for 2 minutes. Then, add the prepared chili-garlic paste and saute till the onion softens.
Add the turmeric powder, chili powder, pav bhaji masala, black salt and salt and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
Add the boiled vegetables and potatoes and mash thoroughly using a potato masher, adding ½ cup of water if required.
For the Pav :
Slice each pav into 2 horizontally. Apply a little butter to each side and sprinkle with a little pav bhaji masala, if desired.
How to proceed:
Serve the hot bhaji on 4 individual plates and top with the onion and coriander.